Submit Your Article

Submit Your Article


We are inviting you to submit your very own unique
Home Owner story to us on this website

There are various ways you can do this, for instance it might be a description of your experience or it could be a design or even a product.

All you have to do is send your articles and pictures to our email address. After we have received and reviewed your submission, if we accept it, we will publish it on our websites. You will then be a published Internet author or photographer!

We accept submissions for anything that is home related. We will be happy to feature anything to do with interior design, furniture, home design, bedroom design, kitchen design, bathroom design, room design ideas and lighting … anything, as long as it’s got something to do with home design and building. Entertaining areas, swimming pool ideas and landscaping stories would also be great.

IMPORTANT: If you would prefer to remain anonymous we will respect your wishes but we will need a contact name and email address for our records. We will not share these with anyone.

We will also need a declaration that the pictures and copy submitted are your own copyright and that you give us permission to use them. See the text below that you can cut and paste into the email you send with your submission.

Here is what you should send us:

Photos and Images

• Send as many images as you have of your design, idea or product that you are submitting.

• We would like to receive as many images as you can send.

• We prefer high resolution JPEG files.

• If you have many photos you can put them in a .zip file if you want to.

• Let us know what photographic credits you would like us to include.


• Send a text document/description with a minimum of 300 words. This should include the name/title of your project, story or product.

• A link to your web site if you have one.

How to send the files to us?

The best way to send the files is to simply forward them to us via contact us.

If we require any further information we will let you know.

If you have questions please contact us.

Sample permission text:

I hereby affirm that I am the creator and/or sole owner of the exclusive copyright of the work submitted with this email.

I acknowledge that by doing so I grant the owners of the right to use the work on their websites, and to modify it according to their needs.

I acknowledge that I cannot withdraw this agreement, and that the content may or may not be kept permanently.

About Janek

Check Also


Here is a list of all the categories on the site that should make it …


  1. Hi Penny, I build a house and found out that the stoep has been enclosed (with a roof on, sides open) and two of the rooms have been build (study and sun room). These additions are not on the original plans.How can I go about getting these additions approved. Please help. Thank you

  2. William you will have to have a new plan drawn up that shows these additions – they call it a rider plan. Then you apply to the council to pass the building as “ready built”.

  3. Hi Penny

    I had my fence raised last year August and I’m still not satisfied with the deal I got. The way business was handled and the amount of money spent on this fence gives me sleepless nights cause its a safety hazard even though I was told by the contractor that its impossible for the fence to collapse. My question is who can I contact for help regarding the fence and how do I go about the situation.

    Please help me

  4. I think there’s an ombudsman that deals with issues concerning the Consumer Protection Act, but unfortunately I don’t have details. The only other thing I can think of is to get an independent arbitrator (the Master Builders Association may have names), or at very least a reputable contractor, to assess the structure. If this person is building commercially – houses not just fences – then he needs to be registered with the NHBRC. You could check that. They won’t help you, but if he is operating illegally that will strengthen your case.

  5. We bought house at Palm Springs section k,build by Cosmopolitan,currently we don’t have street lights there it becomes very dark at night no tarred roads and no storm water drains,an email was send to Cosmo asking them about the development of our section as we where promised by agency’s that they will develop the place after building houses.Now Godfrey from Cosmo says that place is the old suburb and the municipality of Emfuleni must develop that place.

    We only have main roads,please help

  6. Nozizwe these are all services that should be supplied by the local authority. You should find out from them was required from the developer.

  7. I have only occupied the house less than 5years no happy letter, electricity certificate received, the house has defects already i.e. cracked walls, I feel my rights as a consumer violated.We have received Letter of Demand from municipality on rates and taxes ,no welcome statement it is a demand with escalated arreas already ,I fail to understand how do I fall into arreas without receiving statements

  8. Presuming your house was built by a builder who is registered with the NHBRC you can appeal to them to take action against the person or company. As far as rates and taxes are concerned, you will have to take this up with the local authority; it has nothing to do with the National Building Regulations.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *